Elementary Terminology of Networks :
- Node:- The term node refers to any devices connected to the computer network and are seeking to share the resources.
- Host:- The term host refers to the nodes which offer information resources, services, and applications to the users. A network host is a network node that is assigned a network layer host address.
- Server:- A computer that is designed to process requests from the client and share data or information to the client.
- Non-dedicated/Shared Servers:- A non-dedicated or shared server is a server which is not dedicated to any individual, individual organization or application.
- Dedicated Server:- A server that is dedicated to an individual, individual organization or application is known as dedicated server.