What is C
As we, the human being require a language to communicate and interact with each other similarly C is a language which is known as programming language, because it is used to instruct or interact with the computer. The language was developed at AT & T’s Bell Laboratories of USA by Dennis Ritchie in 1972. It is a programming language which is called a middle level language.
Why C is called a middle level language?
C is called a middle level language, because of the following:
- It supports both High Level Language as well as Low Level Language.
- It supports inline Assembly language(which is a low level language)
- It supports different data type, variables which is found in High Level Languages(like C++, Java, FORTRAN, Pascal etc).
- Using C you can directly access CPU registers, Memory address(Like assembly language).
- C is often used in system programming like writing operating system and embedded programming