Budget 2017-2018 for Youth
Descriptive Capsule MCQ
Budget for Youth 2017-2018
- To introduce a system of measuring annual learning outcomes in our schools
- Innovation Fund for Secondary Education proposed to encourage local innovation for ensuring universal access, gender parity and quality improvement to be introduced in 3479 educationally backward districts.
- Good quality higher education institutions to have greater administrative and academic autonomy
- SWAYAM platform, leveraging IT, to be launched with at least 350 online courses. This would enable students to virtually attend courses taught by the best faculty
- National Testing Agency to be set-up as an autonomous and self-sustained premier testing organisation to conduct all entrance examinations for higher education institutions
- Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendras to be extended to more than 600 districts across the country. 100 India International Skills Centres will be established across the country.
- Skill Acquisition and Knowledge Awareness for Livelihood Promotion programme (SANKALP) to be launched at a cost of 4000 crores. SANKALP will provide market relevant training to 3.5 crore youth
- Next phase of Skill Strengthening for Industrial Value Enhancement (STRIVE) will also be launched in 2017-18 at a cost of 2,200 crores
- A scheme for creating employment in the leather and footwear industries along the lines in Textiles Sector to be launched
- Incredible India 2.0 Campaign will be launched across the world to promote tourism and employment.