Government and Politics in Tripura
- Tripura is governed through a parliamentary system.
- Tripura government has 3 branches: executive, legislature and judiciary.
- Assembly meetings are presided over by Speaker or Deputy Speaker (in absence of Speaker).
- Assembly is unicameral with 60 MLA for five years term.
- Judiciary composed of Tripura High Court and lower courts.
- Governor is head of the state, appointed by President
- governor appoints chief minister
- council of ministers are headed by chief minister.
- Council of ministers are appointed by governor on the advice of chief minister