Tripura is a hilly state, about 7,866 sq. Km i.e. near about 74.98% of the total area of Tripura is covered by hills. Among them following are the major hill ranges of Tripura.
Jampui hill ranges:
- About 200 km from Agartala.
- The highest hill range (Almost 3000 feet above sea level) bordering Tripura and Mizoram.
- It has 11 villages with 8000 villagers(Mizo, Lushai tribes and Reang tribes) whose occupation is mainly orange cultivation.
- A famous tourist spot.
- During October to December the oranges trees are laden with fruits and the hill ranges looks orange coloured.
- ‘Eden’ Tourist Lodge at Vanghmun village on the hill top for the Tourist.
- 930 m high Betalongchhip is the highest peak of Tripura is in Jampui.
Sakhantang hill ranges.
Atharamura hill ranges
Barmura hill ranges
Deotamura hill ranges
Belkum hill ranges
Kalajhari hill ranges