Tripura Tribal Areas Autonomous District Council-TTAADC
Tripura Tribal Areas Autonomous District Council(TTAADC)
- An independent council for administering the tribal areas in this state.
- Its council and assembly are situated in Khumulwug.
- Khumulwug is 26 km away From Agartala the capital of Tripura
- TTAADC Act was passed by Indian Parliament in 1979.
- The Act passed under the provision of the 6th scheduled of Indian Constitution and came into effect from 1st April 1985 by the 49th amendment in the Indian Constitution.
- Total area of TTAADC is 7,132.56 sq km(68% of the total area of the state).
- 70% of TTAADC area is hilly forest.
- Total scheduled tribes is about 853,920(30.95% of the state) among which about 679,720(79.59% of total ST) are within TTAADC.
- Governed by a council of 30 members.
- Among 30 members, 28 are elected through adult suffrage and 2 are nominated by Governor.
- Among 28 seats 25 are reserved for ST.
- Executive committee composed of 10 members including 1 Chief Executive Officer(CEO).
- CEO is the head of the administration.
- TTAADC has two types of power 1. Legislative Power and 2. Executive Power
- Legislative department of District council headed by Chairman who has his own Secretariat.
- Executive council are headed by the Chief Executive Officer(CEO), Deputy Chief Executive Officer and 6 Executive Officers.
- CEO and Deputy CEO are TCS Grade-I officers.