1. What is Child Labour
Answer:- Child labour in India is the practice where children engage in economic activity,
on part-time or full-time basis.
2. The Child Labour (Prohibition and Regulation) Act of 1986
Answer:- The Act prohibits the employment of children below the age of 14 years in hazardous occupations identified in a list by the law. The list was expanded in 2006, and again in 2008.
3. National Policy on Child Labour was formulated in
4. When was National Child Labour Project scheme launched
5. The first Committee to study the issue of Child Labour and to suggest measures to tackle it
Answer:- Gurupadswami Committee(1979)
6. Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act
Answer:- The Act provides for the woman’s right to reside in the matrimonial or shared household, whether or not she has any title or rights in the household.
7. When was Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act 2005 come in to force
Answer:- October 26, 2006
8. The Dowry Prohibition (DP) Act
Answer:- Prohibits the request, payment or acceptance of a dowry, "as consideration for the marriage". Where "dowry" is defined as a gift demanded or given as a precondition for a marriage.
9. Prenatal Diagnostic Techniques Act
Answer:- The Act forbids the communication of the sex of the foetus.
10. Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe (Prevention of Atrocities) Act was passed on
11. Child Marriage Restraint Act was passed in