1. Judicial Review function of the Supreme Court means the power to
Answer:- Examine the constitutional validity of the laws
2. The High Courts in India were first started at
Answer:- Bombay, Madras, Calcutta
3. Besides its permanent seal at Delhi, the Supreme Court can also meet at
Answer:- Any other place as decided by the Chief Justice of India in consultation with the President
4. What is meant by a Court of Record?
Answer:- The court that preserves all its records.
5. Judges of the High Court are appointed by the
6. After retirement, a Judge of a High Court can undertake practice in
Answer:- Any other court except the same court
7. The age of retirement of the Judges of the High Court is
Answer:- 65 years
8. The Chief Justice and other Judges of the High Court are appointed by the
9. Which High Court has jurisdiction over the state of Arunachal Pradesh?
10. A Judge of the Supreme Court of India is to hold office until he attains the age of
Answer:- 65 years
11. Judicial Review signifies that the Supreme Court
Answer:- Can review cases decided by the High Courts.
12. Which is the highest court of appeal in India?
Answer:- Supreme Court
13. To ensure impartiality, the retired Chief Justice and other Judges of the Supreme Court are debarred from practising law
Answer:- In any court of India
14. Who decides the number of Judges in a High Court?
15. Who is appointed as an adhoc judge of the Supreme Court ?
Answer:- A sitting judge of a High Court duly qualified for appointment as a Supreme Court Judge
16. Which of the following is covered under the original jurisdiction of the supreme court?
Answer:- Disputes between two states of the Indian Union
17. Which High Court in India, has held that the pronouncement of Talaq thrice in one go is illegal?
Answer:- Allahabad High Court
18. The small causes court can hear cases involving a maximum amount of
Answer:- Rs 2000
19. 42. Cognizable offence refers to an offence where
Answer:- Police can register a case without formal complaints
20. Under the writ of Mandamus, the Court can
Answer:- Direct the Government to do or not to do a thing