1. The power of the Supreme Court of India to decide disputes between the Centre and the States falls under its
Answer:- Original jurisdiction
2. The Advisory powers of the Supreme Court of India imply that
Answer:- It tenders advice to the President on questions
3. The concept of Public Interest Litigation originated in
Answer:- The United States
4. Which High Court has the Territorial Jurisdiction over Andaman and Nicobar Islands?
5. The Judges of the High Court can be removed from their office during their tenure by
Answer:- The President on the basis of a resolution passed by the Parliament by two-thirds majority
6. Who was the first Chief Justice of the Supreme Court
Answer:- Harilal J. Kanya
7. Supreme Court came into force in
8. Which High Court has the highest number of benches in India?
Answer:- Guwahati (Five)
9. No.of High Courts in India
10. The oldest High Court in India
Answer:- Calcutta High Court (established on 2 July 1862)
11. First woman Judge of Supreme Court
Answer:- Meera Sahib Fatima Beevi
12. Public Interest Litigation (PIL) was initiated in 1983 with the pioneering efforts of.
Answer:- Justice P.N. Bhagwati
13. The pension of a High Court judge is charged on.
Answer:- The Consolidated Fund of India
14. A judge of the High Court can be removed from office during his tenure by.
Answer:- The President, on the basis of a resolution passed by Parliament by special majority.
15. Judicial Review in India is based on.
Answer:- Procedure established by law
16. A person who is appointed as an Advocate-General should be qualified in every way to be a judge of the.
Answer:- High Court
17. The Advocate-General of the state helds his office during the pleasure of the.
18. The Judges of Supreme Court hold office till they attain the age of.
Answer:- 65 years
19. The final authority to expound the meaning of India Constitution is.
Answer:- The Supreme Court
20. In the absence of both the President and the Vice-President, who acts as the President?
Answer:- The Chief Justice of India