1. Which House is better placed with regard to control over the executive?
Answer - Lok Sabha
2. Who is considered the guardian of the Public purse?
Answer - Comptroller and Auditor General
3. At a joint sitting of Parliament a bill has to be passed by
Answer - a simple majority of the total number of members of both Houses present and voting
4. Representatives of Union Territories in Lok Sabha are chosen by.
Answer - Direct election
5. The Estimates Committee consists of.
Answer - 30 members appointed by the speaker
6. Whose function is it to see that no money is spent out of the consolidated Fund of a state without the authority of the legislative?
Answer - Public Accounts Committee
7. Expenses incurred out of the Contingency Fund of India are.
Answer - recouped through supplementary addition or excess grants by Parliament.
8. Who was the first leader of opposition as recognised by the government in the Lok Sabha?
Answer - S.B.Chavan
9. Who was the first Speaker of the Lok Sabha?
Answer - G.V.Mavlangkar
10. Who presides over the joint sittings of the two Houses of Parliament in case the Speaker of the Lok Sabha is absent?
Answer - A member of Parliament jointly nominated by two Houses.
11. In case the offices of both the Speaker and the Dy. Speaker of the Lok Sabha become vacant, who will preside over the meetings of the House?
Answer - A member designated by the President
12. Approval of how many members of the Lok Sabha is needed to admit a no-confidence motion in the Lok Sabha?
Answer - 1/10th of the total members
13. A member of the Union Public Service Commission holds of-fice for a term of.
Answer - 6 years or until he attains the age of 65 years, which ever is earlier
14. The maximum number of unstarred questions for a day in the Lok Sabha has been fixed at 230. What is this number in the Rajya Sabha?
Answer - No limit has been fixed
15. Zonal Councils have been created by.
Answer - A Government Resolution
16. The Lok Sabha Secretariat comes under the direct supervision of the.
Answer - The Speaker of the Lok Sabha
17. The quorum required in the Rajya Sabha is.
Answer - 25
18. There is a Constitutional requirement to have a minister in the charge of Tribal Welfare for the States of.
Answer - Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, Orissa
19. According to the Constitution of India, a new All India Service can be instituted with initiative taken by.
Answer - The Rajya Sabha
20. Legal provisions of the Indian Constitution relating to the formation of new States can be enacted by.
Answer - A simple majority in each House of Parliament