1. The panchayats receive funds from three sources
Answer: Local body grants, centrally sponsored schemes and funds released by the state govt. on the recommendations of the State Finance Commissions
2. Name three states of India where Panchayati Raj System does not exist?
Answer: Nagaland, Meghalaya and Mizoram
3. Name the Union Territory where Panchayati Raj System does not exist?
4. Phanchayat elections held in
Answer: Every five year
5. A panchayat Samiti (Block Panchayat) is
Answer: A local government body at the tehsil level.
6. A mandal( also known as taluka or tehsil) is an
Answer: Administration division
7. The ultimate executive agency for land records and related administrative matters is
Answer: The tehsil office
8. What does The chief official of tehsil office called?
9. Tehsil/taluka/mandal is the second layer of
Answer: Three-tier local body/Panchayath Raj system
10. Who is the Chief of executive of the mandal?
11. Taluqdar is
Answer: a land holder and tax collector
12. Tehsildar is
Answer: a revenue administrative officer
13. Tehsil is formed usually with
Answer: A number of villages
14. Tehsil comes under
Answer: the Land and Revenue department headed by Tehsildar
15. Blocks come under
Answer: The Rural development department headed by the Block Development Officer
16. Villages of the tehsil together are called
Answer: A "development block"
17. Link between the gram panchayat and the district administration is
Answer: The Panchayat Samiti
18. In Andra Pradesh, Block panchayat is known as
Answer: "Mandal Praja Parishad"
19. In Gujrat, Block panchayat is known as
Answer: Taluka Panchayat
20. In Karnataka, Block panchayat is known as
Answer: Taluk Panchayat