1. The Constitution of India was adopted by the
Answer: Constituent Assembly
2. The first session of the Constituent Assembly was held in
Answer: New Delhi
3. How long did the Constituent Assembly take to finally pass the Constitution?
Answer: About 3 years since Dec 9, 1946
4. The members of the Constituent Assembly were
Answer: Elected by Provincial Assemblies
5. The Constitution of India was promulgated on January 26, 1950 because
Answer: This day was being celebrated as the Independence Day since 1929.
6. The idea of the Constitution of India was first of all given by
Answer: Shri M. N. Roy
7. Who presided over the inaugural meeting of the Constituent Assembly of India?
Answer: Sachchidananda Sinha
8. The Constitution of India was enacted by a Constituent Assembly set up
Answer: Under the Cabinet Mission Plan, 1946
9. The design of the National Flag was adopted by the Constituent Assembly of India in
Answer: July, 1947
10. The Constituent Assembly which framed the Constitution for Independent India was set up in
11. Mahatma Gandhi was not a member of the Constituent Assembly established in July 1946?
12. The Cabinet Mission to India was headed by
Answer: Lord Pethick Lawrence
13. How many readings were held on the constitution in the constituent assembly
14. The constituent assembly setup a drafting committee on
Answer: 29th August, 1947
15 The First session of the constituent Assembly took place from 9th to 23rd December
16. The Second session of the constituent Assembly took place from 20th to 25th January
17. The Third session of the constituent Assembly took place from 28th April to 2nd May
18. The eleventh session of the constituent Assembly took place from 14th to 26th November
19. Who was the chairman of Union powers committee, union constitution committee and states committee?
Answer: Jawaharlal Nehru
20. Which Indian artist decorated the handwritten Copy of the Constitution?
Answer: Nandalal Bose